View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Wow, that was racist

[ QUOTE ]
i think the point is even if her intent was to blatantly insult (who knows if that was the case) it still doesn't really matter. should it really bother cdc? why not just laugh at her and move on with the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an internet discussion forum.

CDC doesn't have to be full of rage or in tears to post an observation. I don't get that he's really "bothered" by his post, it happened, he post it, this is how message boards work.

I'm far less annoyed about the original incident than by the stupid analysis that I'm seeing on this forum after the fact. I agree that what the chick did wasn't like earthshakingly horrible, but it's still post worthy. If only because people's reactions show that the prevailing attitude is still far to accepting of this type of humor.

Tuq, every time you get close to being a decent poster, you bust out some retardo pop psych that reminds me that you're just kinda stupid or the least funny human alive. My objection to this stuff has nothing to do with being fat, I would never pretend that the being the subject of stupid fat jokes is anything close to being subject to racism. This stuff works me up because I'm not sure there's anything more stupid than making fun of people because of their race, and if there is it's idiots trying to excuse that behavior in the name of "lol you take things too seriously".