View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Re: I\'m going to get flamed: Day Job vs. Poker...

[ QUOTE ]
i love it when people talk about the freedom poker gives u. the "easy" money.

did anyone ever mention u have to "win" first to have freedom?

easy money? i been a pro for over 3 years. its never been "easy". i see people winning easily but i know they cant win in the long run playing like that.

i struggled for the first few years and then broke through and was comfortable for a while and then hit a 6 month bad streak that i am still on. i have dropped down in levels through this slide and now i'm down to the embarrasing levels and almost broke.

i'm not going to quit till i reach my goals. if i have to, i'll get a job and play cards till i break through again. its an absolute friggin nightmare fellas.

if anyone wants to go pro, go for it but dont buy into this crap about it being easy. its not easy. its not even close to being easy. u have to win more than u lose, pay bills and still survive variance, tilt and people sucking out on u.

i havent met one person who says they r a loser in the long run in poker which means 95% of people r liars. only 5% make a living. i am not happy about almost being busto but i have tried my best and i'm proud that i survived for 3 years without working. its an accomplishment considering its only a 5% window of success.........but yet, almost busto.

hope this helps anyone thats thinking about going pro. goodluck and have fun yet be ready for the possible nightmare ride as well. nothing comes easy in life.

[/ QUOTE ]

you must suck