View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Weird line people have been taking vs. me lately

In hand 1, you can make an exploitable bet / fold with a fair amount of confidence. Very few players will check-raise bluff when they have the initiative. I mean, why check-raise bluff when you can just bet and get just as many folds? It takes ridiculous courage... or stupidity, however you want to look at it.

Given that, his turn check looks very much like he wants to show down and is afraid to bet into you because you are aggressive. Value bet turn and river, get paid by everything.

hand 2: it's much harder to say. Obviously you'd lean toward checking given the logic in hand 1, as your opponent appears to be scared but ready to showdown. Then again, your huge draw means you are probably getting 15:1 to semibluff this turn, maybe even more since it's possible a T or 9 could even be could on the river.

I guess if the guy plays goofy poker you have to bet. check-raise / check-fold is a pretty weird line, but this guy should do it often enough to justify a bet given the odds you are receiving.

good luck.
Eric