View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 12:57 AM

Default Re: Does Pokerstars have the right to take money out of my account?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like pokerstar's stance on this. Allowing users to reverse trades allows scammers to scam people out of ftp-stars $$ exchanges

[/ QUOTE ]

While I will not comment on the specific case as we have addressed it with the player in question, your worry here is unfounded. The only situation in which we will reverse a transfer is when a player indicates that they have put the wrong name in, and indicates who the transfer was meant for. We then review and determine whether the story is plausible; if it is, we direct the money on to the intended recipient - *not* back to you.

Example of a transfer we would fix in this manner: "I sent to "Rounders", I meant to send to "Rounders1"

Example of a transfer would not fix in this manner: "I sent to "Rounders", I meant to send to "JoeyKnish".

Should people be more careful about their transfers? As always, yes. But in cases of a clear and honest and obvious simple error, we will correct the mistake. Trying to reverse a transfer by changing your mind, we will not.

We will also reverse a transfer done incorrectly as a result of our error. For example, if during the transfers to settle a deal for the Sunday Million, if we make an error, we will obviously reverse the transfers to the correct amounts as well.