View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Poppinfresh\'s log

OK here's some more info on my routine and diet.

Routine looks like this:

Monday(Pull day, no DL):
Bentover Rows
Lat Pulldown (switching to pullups once im strong enough)
shrugs
barbell curls

Tuesday(leg day):
Squats
Front Squats
Some form of calf work(calf raises, etc.)

Thinking I should add a deadlift variant here, maybe some good mornings, and eventually also work in some other squat variants

Wednesday(push day):
DB Bench press
DB Incline press
DB military press
skullcrushers/other tricep assistance

Thursday: Off

Friday(Pull day w/ DL):
Deadlifts
DB Rows
Lat pulldown (switching to pullups)
shrugs
barbell curls

Saturday: Off

Sunday(push day):
same as Wednesday

My reps are kind of all over the place, as I post individual workouts it will give a better idea of what I'm doing, rep count is also dropping for squats and deadlifts as I get more comfortable with my form. I also want to add in some additional core work and grip work, don't think it matters too much where I put that? I will probably be mixing it up from week to week depending on when I have the most time.

Diet: Ideally, first meal of the day is scrambled egg whites with either wheat toast or oatmeal. After that throughout the day the majority of what I eat is chicken breasts, spinach, steaks, tuna and salmon rolls made with brown rice and avocado, muscle milk. Dinner is whatever my parents are eating, usually some sort of protein, some carb, mixed veggies. Snack on salads, berries+ nonfat plain yogurt or cottage cheese, nuts. PWO I drink a whey shake and eat a banana. I think the area I need to work on most is eating more veggies, I eat a ton of spinach every day(mmmmm so good), but not much else. When I'm disciplined I'm happy with my diet, but I still have way too many cheat meals and just get lazy too often and eat things I know I shouldn't. Also supplement with fish oil, eat 4-6 times a day depending on my schedule.

Log update for 8/4: 30 minute jog/walk, will start with more thorough updates on monday including what I'm eating.