View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: How can you not go busto?

[ QUOTE ]
I think 20 buy-ins is prob OK if you play only 1, or at most 2 tables. But you'd definitely want to set a stop loss of maybe 6 or 7 buyins and move down immediately if you hit that point.

If you are multi-tabling I think you need more, cos you can drop 5 or more buy-ins in 10 minutes if you're unlucky.

For a solid multi-tabler, I think having 30 buy-ins is good, if you drop to 20 then drop down a limit til you grind it back up.

If you do that, you're chance of going busto is 0

The secret to never going busto is having the discipline to drop down when you hit your stop loss. If you haven't got that self discipline, then there is always going to be a risk of busting.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are we calculating though .. is the buyin the amount at one table or all five? If I have 1k and I'm 5-tabling $10 buyins do I have 100 buyins or 20 buyins?

Obviously the risk of losing five buyins (one table calculation) is significantly higher multi-tabling, but for a winning player the +EV is vastly increased also.

If we calculate the ratio as the total amount of all buyins divided by roll I think the number has to be adjusted to reflect the decrease in variance and volatility multi-tabling. In other words if a good player goes on a downswing 5-tabling $10 buyins but his roll is $1k, even if he loses everything on 5 tables (extremely unlikely) he's still only down 1 buyin. It's much more likely that someone playing 1 $50 table would bust.