Thread: Poker Hand XML
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 08:29 AM

Default Re: Poker Hand XML

[ QUOTE ]
I think chat is part of the hand. And comments should be possible, too. Think of the weekly session review pairings. It would be nice if the same application that is used to review the hand could be used to view the review. Popopop replayer can do this and i like that feature, but to do this, comments and annotations have to be stored.

[/ QUOTE ]
Comments should not be allowed within the hand itself. Comments is a subjective matter that does not belong in the hand. These can go in as metadata along with the reads.

[ QUOTE ]
Putting that into a metadata element is one solution. But it creates referencing issues. You have to include reference labels or ids at places in the hand comments refer to. If you do that, you can include the comment right away. Semantically, it's the same.

BTW, we should resist the temptation to start delegating controversial issues to <metadata>. I'm not saying we're already doing that, but i sense the danger.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, we definitely need to be careful not just to put 50% of all suggestions into metadata. But still, all subjective matters should go into the metadata section imho.