Thread: Poker Hand XML
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Poker Hand XML

[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

The pot sizes are an important part of the hand (not by street though). We need to know a) how much rake is taken and b) who won what pots and how much were in those pots c) total pot size.

Excluding this information makes the XML hand much less useful.

However, I agree that the net amount of each player should not be included. Some apps will need this and they have all the info to produce it if they do.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. If we at least can have the total pot size(s) and who won what, that would be fine.

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know where we would include chats, and while they are an important part of the hand that takes place and I'd like to include them I can't think of any logical way of storing them. (Should we also start including a <physical_tell> and <distraction> element for offline games?)

This kind of stuff, while important, just isn't a part of what took place. A good example of data that would be good to include is timing tells. How long did it take for playerA to call?

[/ QUOTE ]
I do believe chat is important. In most cases the chat won't be used, for statistical purposes, for posting on forums, for calculations and so forth. But it still is an inherent part of the hand and almost all pokersites include chat in the hand history.