Thread: A2 PLO8
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 08:00 AM

Default Re: A2 PLO8

[ QUOTE ]
The only hand that is a favorite vs you is a set with A2 which is very unlikely...

By betting out pot you can make him fold a great number of hands that are currently ahead

Um, what? You contradict yourself? But if I understand you right, what you mean is that only A2+set would justify a *fold* on your part.
If villain were bad, I would agree with potting the turn. Against decent opposition however I would normally assume that he wouldn't call the flop and fold the turn very often. And checking on the turn allows us to control the size of the pot.
I call on the river here, but it may be a leak. Seems very player-dependent whether your Ace-high will be good for high often enough to get 3/4 (I'm assuming villain also has the nut low).

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope I dont contradict myself, so I rush to explain.
If the showdown was on turn a hand like AJ95 would beat us, its at the moment ahead cause it makes one pair and we have nothing yet. But with one card to come we are 55:45 ahead.
Does it mean we want him to call and continue? I think not really I would rather make him fold to take down the pot uncontested.

A+2 a set doesnt justify a fold on our part, because we have 13 outs to beat him for high so we have to call a pot-size bet even if its PLO high. The problem is that if he has A+2 set he puts us all in and in that case beting pot is clearly inferior to check-call.

But generally I belive that he will have mainly hands we flip against and in that case beting out pot on turn is best because if he folds something that is 50:50 or even 55:45 for us thats a good result.