View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Re: TP on prd flop (short handed)

Hero calls the river. I donk the turn as well for the same reason of not wanting it to be check through. However, with BB raising again, I think that skews his range to one of three hands: pocket pairs bigger than 66 likely 88/99 or higher, AJ/KJ, or two big spades that he's semi-bluffing. With it being weighted more towards the first two. You aren't ahead of JJ+, but are ahead of the AJ/KJ and smaller pocket pairs.

I think that since you were raised and then called that raise on the turn, it's because you think you're ahead often enough to take this to showdown (you don't have odds for a 4 outer), unless perhaps an ace comes on the river. Button calling may not be a good thing, but if he's loose, he could have a lot of hands that are behind you.

On the river, BB seems to give up, so I'm no longer concerned about him. A passive Button betting is somewhat scary, but you and BB both did show weakness, so he may have Jx here in additon to a lot of other hands. But if you called the turn wanting to take it to showdown for one bet, you're still getting that chance, so I'd call and take it. With Button being passive, and BB probably actually having a weak hand, I don't want to raise, although if 3-bet, I think you have an easy fold.