View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Re: FoF back at it again

[ QUOTE ]
One can only hope that the PPA, having hired lobbyists, is actually doing something behind the closed doors in Washington. Seems the only thing they ever ask of us is writing letters and paying dues.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've talked to them to see what more we can do. They were willing to add some info to their website and to their forums (I x-post stuff there on occasion just to keep it alive), but weren't willing to increase communications to members.

I hope everyone will check their site out and post there on occasion. After all, if we want stuff from them, we may have to ask.

Again, keep in mind that I'm nothing more than a regular member at PPA, so I couldn't do anything more than ask. They do recognize me from my work on this issue, so they do reply to my inquiries, at least.

Basically, they are very hesitant to ask their members to do anything. I drafted some emails for them to send to their members and they wouldn't do it. I hope we can continue to show through our example that we don't mind working to secure our rights. That's how the NRA does it. They do have stuff going on behind the scenes, though.

[ QUOTE ]
The work OldBookGuy and the Engineer have done here and at other forums is worth a full time paid position easily IMHO.

And there are others here (I like to think including myself) who will contribute as much as their day jobs (and poker evenings [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) allow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I try, relative to work and poker as well. You do a lot as well.

[ QUOTE ]
And how much could a web site cost? And maybe it could be paid for by having a few advertisements?

If the PPA wont be more public, there is no reason we should not fill the void, if we can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe we can use the PPA site for what we have in mind. It has a recognizable name and enough funding to keep it running. Check out http://webringamerica.com/4/pokerpla...wforum.php?f=2 and http://pokerplayersalliance.org/ .