View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Damaging Women

Is he accountable? Of course, he was accountable from the first post break-up sex. He has been at that for a while though and obvously has no trouble living with himself in that regard.

The question is "what should I do now?"

The answer is, whatever floats your boat.

This girl is in this with her eyes open. If by her actions she is agreeing to this type of relationship, why change things now? They have both been acting this way towards each other already.

I guess I just don't understand people that act a certain way, get deeply involved in a situation, and then think FOR THE FIRST TIME...OMG what am I doing? So the girl is in a relationship that at first blush seems like a damaging and stupid situation for her...yeah, so...half the world is in a damaging relationship of one kind or another. It is just that not all of the damaging realationships are easily viewable from the outside at first glance(and obviously, some are more damaging and less healthy than others). She isn't being physically abused and certainly seems to be capable of free choice and even manipulation. So, let her do her thing. She will change it when she's ready. Maybe he fills something for her mentally or enotionally. If it is perhaps only as a pawn in a relationship real-live role-play that she repeatedly acts out in her life to relive a troubled relationship in her past, at some point she with obtain her cathartic relief and be able to move on, but not because of his actions. Heck, I don't know maybe she just likes the way he smells and that positive outweighs all the negatives. Stranger things have happened.

My point is, it is not obvious to me that he is hurting her in the long run. He may well be, but I'll let her decide that for herself.