Thread: LO8 - Too Weak?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 09:40 AM

Default Re: LO8 - Too Weak?

Here is another attempt at posting the hand properly.

I did feel as though I had played the hand weakly. Being OOP, I decided to check & call one bet. If it was checked around I would have fired on the turn. UTG+1 would bet out with a big pair, 2 pair, a set, a straight or a flush draw. I had no read on the button.

My main concern here was getting involved OOP in a situation where I couldn't improve, could be drawing dead, and would have to rethink my approach if the 3rd flush card fell or the board paired.

As it turned out I was splitting with the raiser - who could have outdrawn me for a bigger straight but didn't.

I do bet out these hands more often than checking them - was just working on my first coffee and clearing out the cobwebs when this hand came up.

Had it been one bet to me instead of two I would have generally called, then bet out the turn if no flush card hit. I figured that the most likely scenario was a flush draw - and it turned out I was 100% wrong.

Thanks to all for the replies.

Absolute Poker ( handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Final Pot:

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. </font>