View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 04:19 AM

Default Re: How annoying are \"assistant dealers\"?

[ QUOTE ]
This is a habit of mine. I like to keep the game moving and I have a little sympathy for how hard dealers work. Here's a few things I do:

- Call hands at showdown, especially in Omaha
- Remind people to put their blinds or antes out
- Push in other people's bets if the dealer is having a hard time reaching (I try to show my hands to prove I'm not stealing from the pot)
- Tell people its their action if it looks like they didn't notice, although I imagine sometimes they're just thinking. I'll look at them and say "action" or do a "palm up point" like a dealer would.
- Feed $1 chips into the pot so the dealer doesn't have to make change to take the rake.

I try to be gentle about it, usually a barely audible "blinds" or "action", but I can see how this might get on people's nerves. I don't recall anyone ever giving me crap about it, but how bad is this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do all of those things and the only time anyone says anything is if they're stuck, and even then it's "one dealer per table" and the dealer usually gives me a smile if he/she hears it.

Don't say anything to influence action (even "hey turn over your hand" isn't cool) but issues in game procedure are fine, and when I play, prefered.

Cody