View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 02:29 AM

Default Re: 10/20 Stud 8 Live

You played this very aggressively, probably too aggressively in my opinion.

3rd: I would limp here. You have three low cards behind you, including an ace, and already have one caller. Kings run into trouble in multiway pots, and you will probably get one. Since you're seen as tight, raising probably won't narrow the field much more than just calling would. Raising probably costs you money.

Against a good player I'd worry about that jack that called, but against a stud high player you are fine.

4th: That looks good. You would be a dog against 7-5, but you're a money favorite if even one of the two others calls the 3bet.

5th: Things got much worse here, don't automatically make a continuation bet. You are playing for half and you are not a 2/3 favorite to win your half. Probably a spew. With aces or two pair your play would probably be right with the dead cards out.

6th: Fairly bad. 2-8-6-J is definitely a dog here, but that doesn't mean you aren't as well. There's a reasonable chance you're losing both ways, although you could make some money on 7th with the right card... but save the raise for when you're ahead.

7th: Checking is probably not best. You probably aren't scooping (although you certainly can), so most of your money comes from 2-8-6-J. By betting out, you easily get one bet from them, and maybe four if they call the raise-reraise (they will not fold for a fourth bet 98% of the time). By check raising, you give them the best chance to get away from the hand. If you think that player has two small pair and made it this far, then check-raising would be pretty great... but that makes no sense.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts though, because you play very differently than I do.