View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: I Just Read....

i really hate this idea of a playoff system... Everyone says it is sure to produce some exciting golf...but will it? On the last day to me it seems like there could be hundreds of possibilities for different people to win...exciting? maybe but is it really all that exciting to wait an hour after the final hole to finally figure out who won with all the math that seems involved. Also in every other sport that has a playoff system when entering the playoffs all that made it start even no advantage...What i would personally like to see is a playoff system in which it goes from the 144 down to whatever the first cut is 100? meaning the top 100 scores from that first week advance to the second week and then from there start even again with the top 70 making it starting even again ect...untill you get to that final 30 for a nice final event where the winner of the 10 mil is the actual winner of the event...This would ensure the best play all four events and also ensure that the winner had to be playing great golf for a month straight....that would be real pressure.