View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Ideal VPIP/PFR/AF for 6-max?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I've found that 45/15/1.2 have worked fairly well. These numbers basically translate to that I often like to take flops in position without raising it up, and rely on the generally poor skill level of my opponents to outplay them postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm at 44.5/16.5 and play more aggressively post flop too. I'm surprised though that I almost never run into someone else with the same type of stats. The one exception is Ribbo, who before he runs away, has struck me as having a similar playing style.

It seems to me that of the longtime posters who post here seem to have something more like 30/~15-18. I really try to get rid of of the extra 15% of hands that they aren't playing because deep down I feel like this is a leak. But often I feel that I have a mark at a table and I'm waiting for the perfect script to play itself out and I'm willing to play lesser hands.

But even this has it's upper limits as I don't think I've ever seen a longtime winner post that they play more than a 50% VPIP.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been meaning to make a post about this. All the biggest winners in my regular game (1/2 plo 6 max on FTP) have VPIP 30-35 and PFR of 20 dead on. The biggest losers are generally super passive (PFR < 10). In comparing VPIP ranges for players in my database, it seems that the 30 to 45 disparity is largely position-driven, i.e. 30 - 35 players tighten up significantly upfront, whereas the types of hands played in late position is pretty similar. Once you get past 50-55 the quality of the starting hands goes way down. That said, I've datamined some higher stakes players, who play at like 55/25 and are very successful. Oh, to be a post flop expert.
As an aside, how do I go about getting a screen shot of my PTO? Would like to post some stats but don't know how.