View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Professional No-Limit Hold \'em Volume 1 Review Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

im more referring to the ranges your putting players on. 5 10 plays pretty aggro.

and when u have no outs(2), how much you have invested isnt as important as your equity v villians likely range aside from calculating odds on your call

[/ QUOTE ]

NL1000 players, as you suggest, are aggro. they're not bad. if a solid player is "aggro", fine, he might raise in the BB there with a wide range. but if he's *calling* with QQ or less, that's not "aggro", that's just bad. what hand can correctly call there vs any reasonable range he'd put you on?

and even if you think he could justify a call there with TT or 88, to do so he would have to put you on a VERY wide range. if that's what he's done, then he'll make that same c/r with a lot more than just AA or a set. which leads to the same conclusion: you're not drawing to 2 outs nearly often enough to justify a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

a 4 bet there doesnt mean aa/kk. it could be a pure steal, ak, aa kk qq jj tt etc. so while he could have tt or 88, is he check raising with those? this is why i said folding has to be CONSIDERED. i never stated the play i believe is correct here. if he leads into you you also have a tough decision, a decision in which spr should not the the primary factor