View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 01:36 PM

Default Re: AK PF kinda sticky situation, Stars 25 buy in

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dave - I just read your post in MTTC and then came to check out this thread. Why are you so adamant that BB's range is TT+? Let's assume that I am BB and my perception of you is based on what you describe - opening a lot, and you have shown down a bluff. Also, let's say that my perception of MP is that he sucks and wants desperately to cash. Given that we are at 185 players and 180 cash, I think, if I'm BB, my range is a lot broader than TT+. If you broaden the range and add in the bubble aspect, I think it makes a push much more preferable with your AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was just my read of the player.

I mean based on his previous play I didn't think this was a bluff. I dunno if I was opening "a lot", (I had been opening, but not exessively) but I don't think he's playing back at me thinking I'm opening air UTG, he's OOP too.

Also, if he was trying to pick off a bluff, he would have raised more. That raise is begging for a call IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave - Well, your OP says that the table had seen you "open a lot", so I was taking that into account. I don't know that trying to pick off a bluff would necessarily raise more, as the 10K is just over 3x what you raised and basically indicates, from BB's perspective, to MP that MP is playing for his stack. And you are a fellow big stack, so I think BB can expect that you might not want to mess with him on the bubble.

It's just food for thought. I understand that I am not responding directly to the main question you asked in your OP, but I think these threads benefit from a discussion of the entire situation, even if it strays somewhat from the initial question. Good luck.