View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Top Chef 8/1 Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think there's any attempts for the product placement to not be obvious. Just pretend each ep has a different sponsor, I don't think it takes away from the quality of the show at all. I thought especially this ep was a nice way of pimping the sponsor and challenging the chefs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Each episode has lots of sponsors. They are called commercials.

I would gladly accept a weekly sponsor if they got rid of commercials, but until that day, stop trying to shove it down our throats.

Also, watching a guy who owns restaurants stand alongside great chefs and people that went through culinary school and say things like "its great, because you actually have to put it in the pan and cook it for ten minutes, so you too can feel like a real chef!" is just plain stupid and should be insulting to the audience.

If they are going to have a sponsor like that, at least have the sponsors be on the level of what they try the rest of the show to be at.

It seems phony when the judges have to keep falling back on "know your audience" when they are asked to use caviar one week and Spuds Brand Insta-Taters~ the next week. Granted that does show diversity of style and creativity to be able to master the low and high brow foods, but I still don't like it.