View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Top Chef 8/1 Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
is there any sort of consideration given to the same people sucking every week?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they definitely do and, conversely, give consideration to the consistantly better performing chefs, as well. But, whenever they hint at it, they quickly change the topic. This sheds light on my main problem with the show. Hypothetically, someone could come out and win the first five rounds, stomping the competition but then screw up in round 6 and, according to the rules, get sent home. This isn't right. And, I think, the judges knowing this, even if his dish was very bad, would find a reason to send someone else home. Anytime judges in a competition like this are compelled to make executive decisions to skip around the rules, it is indicative of a poorly constructed judging format. But, obviously, the show is not set up with fairness in mind. It is, afterall, a television show.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is key. This is why you'll probably always see both sexes fully in the competition up till near the end. You don't want to lose half your audience early. I'm pretty sure I saw something in the end credits once to the effect that the judges may not have the final say.