View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Top Chef 8/1 Thread

[ QUOTE ]
That's something that has bothered me as well. Didn't Lia win one week and get eliminated the next? I generally don't emotionally invest myself in shows like this... and it really pisses me off that Sara hasn't been eliminated yet. She's been in the bottom group several times and has received some of the worst criticisms.

All the same, I'm glad Joey is gone. I think it was pretty dumb to make a dish that pretty much anyone could easily make from scratch, and Joey tried to justify it by saying they needed to keep it simple for the target audience. A red sauce, chicken and tri-color fusilli pasta is just about the opposite of what most people are looking for from a frozen pasta bag--the couple of times I've bought something like this, it was exactly because it was something I didn't think I could make from scratch very easily.

Plus, the target audience here was people shopping at what would appear to be an upscale grocery store. Yeah, fusilli and red sauce is what they're dying for. Even if they'd done the packaging right, I doubt they'd have "sold" well, if at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering they weren't having any luck giving it away for free, you're right on that one.

Hung looked incredibly whipped and distraught, like he was completely crushed. Frankly I think it was very good for his ego to get yet another dressing down by the judges. It was still hard not to feel bad for him, though. It looked like he saw every hope slip away because of one dish he felt out of control over in the first place.