Thread: Poker Hand XML
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Poker Hand XML

[ QUOTE ]
If this is going to be an open-source community project (which I believe is the only option considering what we want to do) then we're going to have to discuss another fun topic.

1. Is the app going to be a standalone executable in addition to being a plug-in for any popular hand analyzers that happen to pop up (PT/HM/etc)?

2. What language will it be written in?

3. How are we going to manage/distribute the project to make sure everyone is working with an up to date version.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. We arent making an app just yet - we are creating an standard XML document. Once we create the XML format, developers like myself and anyone else that is interested can use it however they want.

If you are proposing that we create some sort of program for everyone to use freely that converts every hand from every poker site into PokerHandXML - good luck. I doubt anyone would spend the counless hours that this would take to create. LegoPoker took me a month just to add support for FTP/Stars/Party.

Even if I wanted to create an application like this, it certainly wouldn't be free. True we could make it open source (and thus freely available by nature) but that would require a lot of volunteer time from many quality programmers that can work together efficiently, and for what? To create a tool that will make it 10x easier for commercialize applications (ie. PT/HM) could use to make money.

I just don't see this happening.