View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 03:21 AM

Default Re: Indiana sucks--- harrah\'s/caesars

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't played at Belterra since Argosy opened. Argosy has a nice room and the games are good. The guys running it are from the Goldstrike in Tunica, Roger and Terry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the last time I was in Cincy when my house finally sold after a year of being on the market, my son and his wife took me down there to the Argosy.

My son tends to play like a maniac, so neither myself nor his wife wanted to be seated at the same table as he was. So, he sat down at one table, and I at another.

Of course I got seated next to the drunk guy (lucky for me, he was on my right), but managed to take all the guys chips, after being patient and waiting for hands to take his bankroll from him.

My son's wife sat down at the same table as me after the drunk guy reloaded (she's just learning poker, so she tends to be a bit of a calling station, and the drunk guy failed to realize that (even though she kept telling them she was new to poker) and tried to bluff her all the time), and managed to take his reload. A few times as we played, the drunk guy made some nasty comments about women in poker pointed at both me and my son's wife, and at one time, my son's wife had to say something to my son, to keep my son from leaving his table, coming over to ours, and going postal on the guy.

Overall, I liked the Argosy, and wished the poker room had been in place when I lived there (it opened up about 3 to 6 months I think, after I moved to Denver, after over a year of promises of getting a poker room (because it's customers were going in droves over to Belterra to play both poker and the slots)).