View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 12:01 AM

Default Re: Online 25/50 Turn spot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you not bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I thought that there are a heaps of hands that look good enough to get it in on this flop (just about every flush draw has some saucy combination of straight draw/overcards too), so I wanted to keep the pot small with my concealed but unshowdownable draw. ie I didn't want to 3-bet if raised.. maybe bet/call was best.

Also, with him having seen my AA hand, I thought I should still have decent folding equity when I fire the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might just give up on this with like QJo but it's such a sick flop for your hand that I don't see how you can not fire... even 3-betting and risking getting 4-bet AI on this flop with an OESFD would've been fine in my book, or just calling and c/r'ing turn, or pretty much anything but what actually happened and resulted in this extremely awkward spot.
As is, you have pretty much direct odds to call and should still have decent implied odds if you hit on the river since he will loath folding to you given your guys' history. I don't like 3-betting turn for the same reasons - he's getting tired of you and looks like he's ready to play and this is a hand we were ready to felt on the flop but not the turn.

Kirk