View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Good/bad float spot?

well like... i see what you mean about the "range isnt too small/shouldnt call pf" being incongruous. but like, different people have different pf ranges, and i dont know what he'll assume your pf range is, which obviously changes your postflop range when you call the flop. so its just hard for him to auto-be like "oh he called, he has a set."

and yeah, youre right about the too shallow to bluff thing.... but ultimately this might be thinking yourself around in circles. it kinda reminds me of the thing strassa has talked about, where like, he'll bluff the river laying his opponent like 5:1 or something, because there's no way he can be bluffing, so his opponent needs the nuts or effective nuts to call. but those were in cash games, and these are tournaments, and i think generally if im #1PEN, im going to be like "whatever, not folding JJ here."

i also think that he just has a hand that hes going to bet the turn with a huge % of the time here, because his range just isnt that large (NOTE: i dont know much of his play in particular, im just assuming standard winning TAG/SLAG), and so youre going to be just spewing off 400 chips for no good reason a lot. a lot of people, as a rule, wont CB three way low flops, for good reason imo. so floating in a 3way pot in a tournament is generally going to be bad.

the thing is, essentially what you're asking is "is this like a good way to mix up my play and do something weird?" because obviously you arent thinking of it as the standard way to play 55 here. and the answer is.... who knows? maybe?