View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 09:58 PM

Default Ideal VPIP/PFR/AF for 6-max?

One might argue that this is an impossible question to answer, because of variation in types of opponents on differing limits/sites and preferred playing styles. What I'm curious about is what you feel is ideal for the conditions you are playing in. Conversely, it's interesting to know what types of stats losing players in your environment usually post.

For me, playing a reasonably laggy style at limits ranging from €1/€2 to €3/€6, against a typical mix of loose aggro and loose passive opponents (with the occasional nit mixed in sometimes), I've found that 45/15/1.2 have worked fairly well. These numbers basically translate to that I often like to take flops in position without raising it up, and rely on the generally poor skill level of my opponents to outplay them postflop.

It also indicates that early position raises are very common in the games I play, and I often find myself wanting to take a flop with a mediocre to slightly good hand in position without opening up the betting again. Might be a leak?

The aggression factor is deceptively low because of my somewhat passive preflop play. Without PF numbers included my Total AF is close to 5.

Typically, the biggest losers in my games have VPIP's over 60 and low levels of aggression - no big surprise there I guess.

This might be a retarded idea for a thread, but hopefully it can generate some interesting discussion about optimal play in a general sense under given circumstances.