View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Any LEGAL poker in Chicago?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Glenview is a Northwest burb about 40 miles away. It will take about an hour to get there, longer if traffic is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
The traffic on that drive is "not bad" on Saturday at 7 AM, otherwise during a normal day or evening it will take SIGNIFICANTLY longer. Check out the POT listed in some other posts, straight drive up one highway instead of going through downtown Chicago.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's true that that drive will take a while during anything remotely near the workday. But for the record, from some points northwest, you might be better off taking I-294 (toll) south, which becomes I-80 east than going through the city. This is much less likely to be true, I think, outside of construction season.

Google thinks it's 65 miles that way from Glenview, slightly shorter distance-wise than going to the Pot, but almost 20 miles longer than going through the city. So, pick your poison, I suppose. I used to commute down that stretch of I-294, and traffic is much smoother on average, save a small spot around O'Hare, than the Kennedy, Edens and Ryan.