View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: 2 hands FTP nl100, somewhat confused

[ QUOTE ]
1st hand :
You bet too little all streets. You didn't even bet half the pot on the flop.. I wouldn't even be surprised if villain showed up with KQ or something here, and you would have deserved it! You're basically asking him to build the pot when you don't want him to call.
Make it 6 on the flop, either give up on the 8h (it is unlikely that you hold it given the utg+1 pfr), or bet 13-15 : if you bet the turn you're basically repping an overpair, and betting weak on the flop like you did is suspicious (do you really bet under half the pot when you have AA in this situation?)
If you wanna fire a 3rd barrel on the river and represent AK in a last desperate attempt to win the pot, MAKE THE BET BIGGER IF YOU WANT HIM TO BELIEVE YOU!
The only possible draw on the flop is 56, which is not very likely since you hold 66, thus he most probably has a PP or two big cards. Thus betting the turn achieves nothing since he's not likely to be drawing, and the only hands that call you are hands that have you beat.
My guess is he showed up with 77,99 or KQ

Hand 2:
Fine conservative play to avoid variance. With an AF of 4 I would expect villain to 2nd barrel most turn cards if you call. Do you plan on folding if a diamond / king / ace card hit? If you are going to fold no matter what card comes and you have history showing that he is going to bet the turn more often than not, you can just fold the flop. Raising doesn't achieve a lot, usually people show up with real hands when 3betting pf twice in a row (and his stats are really nitty). They know it could annoy people and fear being played back at, thus you're crushed most of the time.
Pretty standard hand where you lose to agression/scary board. Deal with it.

Hand 1 is horrible, Hand 2 is fine

[/ QUOTE ]

yea thanks guys, i agree that i think i butchered Hand 1, and JeMy, hand 2 i was going to c/r or open shove a low diamond or blank, i planned on c/f'ing any queen, king or ace