Thread: I made a vid
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: I made a vid

[ QUOTE ]
Nice vid, very solid play. I would find it very hard to fold that QQ from the SB but your logic seems justified. I also find it hard to fold AK there preflop but it likely is the best play. (I just find it hard to fold these days myself [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

The 65s hand your warey of how high you flush will be but this guy has potted flop and turn into two ppl on the flop and turn, I think his range is mainly a set or JQ twopair way moreso than higher flush cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

y, but there's another guy in there who's check-called the flop also. I'm not worried about the bettor, no. Esp after he bets turn again 3-w after the flush doesn't come.

[ QUOTE ]
Your AA hand on bottom left where villain 3B you pre, QTx flop, he leads and you rr to 88~. This is a very small raise, do you always raise so small in 3b pots? Could be OK if its what you do with all/most you range but I like to raise somewhat more, maybe 100 - 120 somewhere.

Initially I thought I prefer a flat call here in this situation as we dont need to protect our hand vs his range imo. Im not scared of another Q turning. Howerve thinking about it any K, Q or J is gonna be a bad card, likely slowing down you action if you're ahead or stacking you if it improves them to a set.

What is the consensous on the best play here, in a 3b pot, just raise flop hopeing to be put on a bluff/semi-bluff or playing it slow to induce ppl to pay off lighter?

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot is big and the board is structured well to gogogo. This is a must-raise for me. I don't want another T,J,Q,K or A dropping, because it can throw the whole thing upside down. Villain then has to be worried about more hands, I have to be worried about more hands. The situation is just very well setup. So I minraise and atleast give him a chance to push with whatever he has (OESD,JJ,AT,AQ,KQ,QJ,KK). Let's say he has one of those weaker holdings, like JJ. Then a turncard can only make it even more ugly for him OR he could catch up and beat me. I don't want to turn this into a situation where I only get action when I'm beat. If he folds to my minraise with JJ, then that's fine. I wasn't getting more action from him anyway (!!).

To be honest, if the turn comes another Q and he shoves then I have a serious problem. Because suddenly I'm bluff-catching instead of value-raking him. There really no need to do that. The pot is big so it's time for consolidation. The chances of him bluffing without a hand on the turn is very bleak as well.

So there's no need to be tricky. Just raise it up a little and let's gogogo.

Some may advocate raising larger, but that's the same thing as pushing. If you raise to $120 then you're obviously committing and are never ever folding. So I don't see the point in that. Unless you want to make it look like a bluff. But I think minraise/doubler does the job perfectly.

Remember, this is a big reraised pot and minraising is not some immortal sin.