View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Dean Video: Bluff vs Llama

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BZ I find it interesting I completely agree with you in this thread but you laughed at me in the Schneids J9 hand. I feel the hands have some similarities.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

DD, the hands have definite similarities, but on one board people fold, and on another board people don't fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree - people fold on the J9 hand board, so how bad can my turn 3 bet idea be?

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know exactly what you're getting at. the reason i think it's bad is because nearly every time he raises that turn he has a either a showdownable hand or a hand that will see the river and you'll be firing a 3BB bluff for a relatively small pot and will be winning it far less than you're supposed to.

on the FLOP however you should be checkraising at least some % because its a hard to hit flop and its also a hard to peel flop, and hes literally betting the flop w/ 100% of his hands. we can't say the same about the turn.

in THIS case the board is much harder to hit and much less likely to scare oppts. literally 90% of players at mid/high stakes go into insta calldown mode when checkraised on this turn. its exploitable but not by bluffing them.

so basically while i agree that the other hand is much more bluffable i think when he raises the turn we're in the same [censored] hole we are in this hand when we raise the turn