View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 03:28 PM

Default Re: PartyPoker enforces new law designed to exploit problem gamblers.

[ QUOTE ]
I had a similar problem, which started with inter-player transfers a while back. Basically I was staking a friend of mine in MTT's, and we agreed at the end of each day he would ship me my %.

This was fine, until one day I tried to cash out, and they rejected it. I phoned up Party, and basically said you can't cash out as you have only just received funds via a transfer. I was honest and said what the arrangement was, and they told me that kind of arrangement was definitely not on. The told me that the only reason for inter-account transfers was to give money to a broke players. They then stated that I had to play x number of hands before they would release my money.

When I challenged it they started to bring up all the times I had cashed in then straight out for a reload bonus etc, and said you shouldn't have been doing that either.

Basically I think they use these tactics if they think you are abusing their systems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party's p2p system is pretty tight, but also flawed. I agree that players should be required to play a certain number of hands or generate so much rake before they can cash out, but disallowing players to transfer for any other reason other than to loan other players who go broke would very likely reduce revenue.

One of the most common reasons that people do p2ps is because people have difficulty putting money on the site or just do not want to set up a processor to do so. P2P makes it much easier.

And yes, don't bother challenging them. You'd figure that after generating thousands in rake for them that they would treat their players with a little more respect and give them some credit. No, instead they go and find how you've managed to abuse a withdrawal system that they designed which I state again is flawed.

Lawrence