View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 02:47 PM

Default Re: South America General Questions

Cuzco is crazy?
We thought it was 'okay' and had a good time but our one night going out might have just been variance.

I think it might have been a Thursday perhaps. Maybe just a Wednesday. And we were exhausted from another long day of touring and had a flight to catch at 6am so we made it kind of an early-ish night anyway.

I guess I can see how it could work in that city on the weekends and during the right time of year though.
We probably will want to go back when we get the chance.

Our previous nights there we kind of wanted to go out but had a couple of reasons why we couldn't.
1. We were exhausted from doing other stuff ALL damn day long.
2. We were staying with an older cousin of my GF. This older cousin just happened to be a nun so we were put up for free in their guest-rooms of the monastery there and they lock the doors at 8pm or something.
So for our one night planning to go out we packed up our stuff to stay in a different hotel and she explained that she wanted to go enjoy the nightlife or something to which the nun giggled and said she was going to pretend in her mind that we weren't going to go out drinking and partying but were instead going on another tour or something.

So my advice if you want to party in Cuzco is to not stay with a bunch of nuns who have a pretty early curfew.