View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 11:21 AM

Default Re: AK PF kinda sticky situation, Stars 25 buy in

[ QUOTE ]
First, folding leaves you with 47k. You don't get your 3k raise back.
That makes ending at 49.5k +2.5k, +EV and +$EV to push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops ... correct. Ok, so this actually is a +EV shove given that range. I still don't like it because we are so deep and it's "only" +2.5BB ... I guess I would like a bigger edge if my whole 50BB stack is at risk in one hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Second, adjusting his calling range to KK+ makes it better, not worse.
(21/27)*(64k) + (6/27)*(.185)*(104k) = 54k

[/ QUOTE ]

And again correct [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] ... that's why I've moved from P5s to 2p2. People here actually read the posts and underline their opinions with facts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Reading through my post again I think I meant that it gets worse the tighter the re-raise range of BB is. Which means that he calls a shove with a bigger percentage of his re-raise range.

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a serious error to assume the average player in this tournament is only reraising JJ+,AK. I don't doubt that is all you're reraising, but to use that as the player average is far too tight, and you're missing a lot of value that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'll adjust my game a little bit then ... but I still think that re-raising 99 or TT out of the BB against another big stack from UTG is a major spew.