Thread: Drug Posts
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 02:41 AM

Default Re: Drug Posts

I think it's pretty clear that one of your parents was a big time addict, and it was very traumatic to your childhood. I get that, and it sucks big time, it is something that's very hard to get over if ever.

I just think you may be trying to cope with this by thinking "If he/she couldn't beat it, no one can!" Drugs do different things to different people, they are not inherently wrong or right. If you have an addictive personality, you should definitely stay away from drugs(and probably gambling). It's fine to have strong feelings against things you perceive to be dangerous, but it is wrong to have a sense of entitlement about it, and to feel that everything you believe to be wrong is wrong for everyone, and that it is your mission to protect them from it. Some kids get a kick out of doing a wheelie, some don't. Sure some things may be riskier than other things, but life is life, and you've only got one of them, so you might as well enjoy it the most you can otherwise you will die alone and miserable.