View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Re: dumb preflop question; what do we open in EP?

i think if your limping small pairs and suited connecters and suited aces its pretty obvious that your trying to see a cheap flop and i think the whole point of suited connecter type hands is to play them in position because it is much easier to get payed off when you hit that big hand. So therefore that is why i dont open limp with that stuff in early position for the most part. I think it all kinda depends greatly on the table dynamics. If your playing at a table full of nits i think its proper to never open limp, but if your playing with a bunch of loose/passives than i think you can and should play these hands in early position obviously because they play well in multiway pots. If you are going to regularly open limp these suited hands i think it is neccesary to occasionally limp with big pairs and AK and then reraise them. Just to tell your opponents that you have a limping range that consists of a wide variety of hands and will provent them from punishing your limps from late position.