View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 01:08 AM

Default Re: Misplayed on every street?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Backdrop: I'd just had a rush of premium starting hands, so I'd been raising a lot PF, which, in a game like the Commerce 20, calls attention to itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am actually surprised that no one is having any issue with open limping with 88 even UTG.

I would've raised on turn trying to knock MP2 out and trying to get a free showdown. As played, folding river is fine, but I usually pay off, since that's what I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the time I like the raise, but not in the case he described. He's been getting lots of good starting hands and has been raising with great frequency lately. With 88 there are two types of pots you want: heads up or as many players as possible. With his recent raising frequency even the UTG raise will get less respect and is unlikely to fold out most of the field. So limping in and hoping to get good set odds is a good alternative here.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what's usually consider as high frequency of raising? 2/orbit 3/orbit? Maybe I am in the minority here, hence I am stuck at poker lately, but I would usually limp for set value in LP, not UTG. Also, if I recall correctly, this is probably the 2nd orbit that Joker played on this table, I didn't think he was raising light or excessive.