View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 12:37 AM

Location: coaching poker and writing \"Professional No-Limit Hold\'em\" for Two Plus Two Publishing with Matt Flynn and Ed Miller
Default Re: Professional No-Limit Hold \'em Volume 1 Review Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are many ways counteract this its not even funny (obviously I want to keep that to myself since I want to win money )

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this incredibly interesting. what do you do to combat someone that is committed to going all in and is trying to get there as fast as he can? If he is betting you only have two options, raise or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, the other thing is that - remember - we present the whole other side of how to play AGAINST the top pair hands (both by stealing, playing drawing hands, etc.)....I elaborated on this in the SSNL thread....the real problem, as people like tighty have mentioned or alluded to, is that people can sometimes read something and just take away the peripherals instead of the "point".....(omg Sunny and Matt said in this example that hero raised to 6bb with AA so that means they're saying we should always raise to 6bb with AA!!!!!!!!)....

but the thing is, I have confidence in both the clarity of the text as well as the intelligence of our audience....sure, a minority of people will misunderstand something due to other factors, but that's the way everything is....

and bottom line (IMO) - even though people sometimes want the cookbook quick fixes (and that's fine), the best primers and the best teachers are the ones that teach you to teach yourself.....