View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Misplayed on every street?

[ QUOTE ]
I've been having nightmares about this hand since Friday. You guys can create a poll if you want to debate which street is more horrific.

Backdrop: I'd just had a rush of premium starting hands, so I'd been raising a lot PF, which, in a game like the Commerce 20, calls attention to itself.

So I get 88 UTG and open-limp this time. Pots have been super-multiway, so I wasn't too worried.

Of course it gets folded to MP2 who raises, button cold-calls, BB calls.

Flop is 655. Checked to me and I donk. MP2 raises, button folds, BB cold-calls. (Quick reads: both are total unknowns; weekend tourists I've never seen before, been playing with them less than 30 minutes). I call.

Turn is 9. BB now donks. I call. MP2 calls.

River is a 4. BB now checks. I check. MP2 quickly bets, BB quickly calls... so I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm as blind as you. I like your play on every street. On the flop I like your bet because you feel there is a good chance the pre-flop raiser will raise you and make it heads up.

Okay, that doesn't work. BB calls. BB donks the turn, but now you have a straight draw in addition to your other outs. You have to call.

River. No way you can expect to be good in a multi-way pot given the action to this point. I like the fold rather than an overcall.