View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Ask me about Starbucks

[ QUOTE ]
CB, Months ago I read about hot Starbucks breakfast sandwiches but haven't seen them firsthand. Opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, I'm extrapolating/guessing/possibly lying, etc.

Usually this sort of thing occurs in a test-market first, and if it is successful, is then rolled out to the rest of the country. I've heard it is happening, don't know where it is being tested (if at all). Only certain stores are considered "Warming" stores, meaning, they have an oven or some other function to warm/toast pastries and sandwiches.

I also believe that you have to have a different permit from the city in order to have an oven than most Starbucks typically have. Whether or not that is gumming up the works, I don't know.

I'm going with it's being tested somewhere, and will probably catch on enough to roll out eventually.

I'd be all for it. I open a lot, and by the time my lunch break rolls around, most places aren't open for lunch yet. I don't want to buy my own pastries for breakfast, I typically want something hot. Of course, I'd probably get sick of them eventually, too.