Thread: In!!
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Re: In!!

[ QUOTE ]
Check call flop. Bet turn if flop checks through. I'd be looking to get two streets of value out of TPTK against most players.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
the whole "checking a good hand with the initiative" part of nl confuses me a lot coming from lhe

[/ QUOTE ]

Huge conceptual difference between limit and NL is that in Limit the pot is our sole concern. In NL, the pot, when comapred to our future bets and stack is insignicant. Your job in NL is to protect your stack and get villains stack. Therefore in every sitution ask yourself "where am I getting my money from?"
On a board like this or an a44 multiway board you can deal with giving a free card because hands that are behind you have a long way to go to catch up, you may induce bluffs, and small proportion of the time you are behind. Checking the flop allows you to keep pot small, which allows opponent to make future bad calls and future bad bets that your hand is strong enough to handle. Guy is calling your 3 bet you nailed the flop let him hang himself dont help him out by betting out and allowing him to fold.

P.S I am by no means nl expert, only played about 150k hands, and probably grossly distort concepts that were taught to me so anyone who wants to disagree with me please feel free.