View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Playing with friends in cash games?

I have seen friends playing together at the same table all the time. Last Friday I was at a table for several hours with a young woman. After a couple of hours, her boyfriend table changed to our table and she changed seats to be next to him. No one complained. I’m not sure they ever ended up HU against each other. She was a very loose, passive calling stallion and was doing pretty well. She was one of the players making it a good table, so I sure didn’t want her to leave. Her boyfriend was tighter, but kept having to rebuy.

The bad thing to do is to play stupid, hyper aggressive poker against your friend. It will look like you two are team players and trying to drive everyone else out of the pot. That could bring complaints from other players. I was at a low limit table in Vegas a few months ago where two young men, probably bothers, were playing hyper aggressive poker, frequently capping it pre-flop and on the flop. They left the table together and one of the players observed that they combined their chip stacks to cash out. He made loud complaints to the dealer about team play by these guys, although it was not clear what the dealer could do, since they had already left the table.

Capping it pre-flop with 64o because your buddy 3-bet is probably not a good move, even if that is the way you play against each other in home games.