View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: NL25, top pair vs donk and I\'m lost ...

Raise the flop to about $4 at least. If he leads the turn, pot will be approximately $12 at this point leaving him $12 left, and I'd shove on that (relatively) blank turn. If you decide to call the flop, I hate that small raise on the turn, which leaves him with $8-$9 left in a near $20 pot, you are really giving him odds with most hands on the river since you almost have to call.

If you raise the flop and he checks the turn, you have the option of checking behind and picking off a river bluff or shoving the turn if you think he'd call with a draw. Either has merit, depending on your opponent.

And given how you got to the river, I'd shove and hope he called with 8x of diamonds. I know many people will say to check behind the river, it looks like he had a draw and missed it, but against a lot of donks on the river, putting him AI is a good move because he may put you on a bluff and think your hand has no showdown value and he'll call with third pair or something. I mean, given how you got to the river, it's unlikely your beat, but I would play it either of the two ways listed above.