View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: River decision with toppair

I think preflop is good obv. We get to steal 4 blinds with a solid hand at a discounted rate. I'd rather have a hand with some SD value but I don't think we can pass up this chance to get the pot SH or finished with that amount of money in there already.

I would have check-raised the flop hoping to take it down here or UI on the turn. Well, unless there was no bluff equity against this guy at all. Were you planning to check-raise the turn UI? I think you should if you don't put action in on the flop. Waiting for the turn to c-r does seem more credible, but it costs more, blah, blah. It does give the advantage of getting you a free river card some of the time.

As played, I think a turn value-raise is good.

You don't like the river bet because he won't pay off with a worse hand? I think getting paid off is more likely when draws don't come in and a SD does come in on the river here while the FD doesn't. I think this is a thin value bet getting called by high cards and lower pairs. Getting a bluff out of him doesn't seem likely as he can happily SD high cards for free.