View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Re: ROCK THE BELLS 7/29 - TR

I was there for the Sunday show. I'm surprised no one mentioned Rahzel basically mc'ing the main stage. Not that I'm an authority on hip-hop or anything but I thought this was one of the most entertaining parts. His freestyles were great and interactive, and obv his beatboxing skills are sweet too.

We showed up late obviously because we suck at life and basically didn't see anything of the entire park/shows except for cypress, PE, Wu and Rage.

One of the most hilarious/ridiculous things I thought was Flava Flav (obviously) spouting some ridiculous [censored] about racism and his flava of love tv shows. He literally took time out of PE's set to thank the crowd for supporting Flava of Love season one and for making Flava of Love season two one of the highest rated cable shows of all time - word for word. I mean it was funny, but also a little sad.

Imo Wu straight up killed it, although it would have been hard to disappoint me as they are basically my favorite rap act. I was happy to see meth up there taking charge and giving respect to ODB with shimmy shimmy ya, but was upset that my favorite member, ghostface, didn't make it. I actually assumed Meth wouldn't be there, but never assumed ghost wouldn't

As stated rage destroyed the place. I mean, even if you don't like their politics, sound, anything, you just have to love their energy and stage presence. And they got their song list right imo, basically playing through their first album (except know your enemy wtf?) and rarely straying from their more mainstream songs. Tom is definitely the most impressive guitarist I've ever seen live and Zach is just in a class of his own.