View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Heartland Poker Tour Upcoming Events & they\'re coming 2 Denver area 2!

Naw, it was a real donkament over at The gilpin last night.

I had pocket 10s one off from the button, and the blinds were 50 and 100 (with 6 limpers into the pot before me), I (knowing how these tend to go sometimes in the land of no hold 'em fold 'em Colorado) raised it up to 600.

Some donkey with 9/10 of clubs calls my preflop raise, flop comes all low cards with 2 clubs, and donkey decides to go all in with his flush draw.

I have more chips than him and I call, you guessed it, Jack of clubs comes on the turn, and donkey claims he didn't suck out on me, because heck, he had so many outs after the flop (like duh, what where his outs BEFORE the flop, to call a 500 buck raise??), and to risk his entire stack (after the flop) on just a draw and (according to him) he was just being a good player to go all in on the flop.

In any case, I went over to The Golden Gates, and they've been slammed with phone calls from all over the country, and people showing up in their room asking questions.

Seems the guy in charge is out of town, and didn't bother to tell his people what was coming their way, and they are totally unprepared.

They were quoting the 'Nothing is for sure' montra, even though it's been posted on the Heartland Poker Tour website, and is now even mentioned in the most recent edition of Poker Player Magazine.

I was told that the 'boss' will be back sometime today, and hopefully they will have more information by the end of this week.

FWIW, I did suggest to them that they consider in September having some sort of promotion where you could:

1) Get early seats into the HPT ME
2) Since some here are already squaking that $340 is too much for a tournament, I suggested perhaps they run a promotion to award seats into the Qualifying satallites.

BTW, after almost a month in vegas, where I could play real poker, so I forgot what donkaments the events here can be.

Max bet in live action poker here, is 5 bucks, and the top live action game is 5/5 limit dealers choice poker (still no fold 'em hold 'em), and it (that mentality) invades the tournament games here too, so anyone who is coming, play carefully with the locals, they'll STILL call you with just about any two cards, especailly if you don't raise it 4 times the blind or larger preflop, even in a NL Tournament.

At times, it almost feels like I'm playing a ladies only event, when I play here. Geez, I wish I was in Vegas again. Sigh ... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]