View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 03:12 AM

Default Re: 5 Skills to Gain Immediately

[ QUOTE ]

Virtuouso Piano Playing

[/ QUOTE ]
This is something I would also love to be great at. Even moderately decent (I have no musical background beyond 5th grader recorder). Impressing friends would be cool enough for me.

[ QUOTE ]
Interrogation

[/ QUOTE ]
This would be fantastic. If I could spot when people were lying to me I would be much happier. I feel like I deal with enough idiots already in my life. Being ableto use this knowledge of lying to my advantage...I would feel powerful [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Field Medicine

[/ QUOTE ]
I actually had interest in this after playing the game America's Army and they had some medical thing. I think this sort of knowledge woudl be great to have just on the off chance you can save someones life or something. I need to take a few classes about it maybe.

[ QUOTE ]
Top Level Poker Play

[/ QUOTE ]
Playing low level play well would be an upgrade for me. But I figure I'm still young and have plenty of time to dabble around a bit.

[ QUOTE ]
Honorable Mention:
Dunking a basketball

[/ QUOTE ]
This made me laugh. Is this something possible to 'gain' as a skill without like years of developing your muscles and stuff? (assuming you're incapable to start)....I can't see how I would be able to dunk a basketball anytime soon (5'10" and no vert right now)...

Great post, I will perhaps reply with some I'd like as well, beyond just commenting on how awesome your choices are....

-Solo