View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 05:00 AM

Default Re: Strattera(ADHD med) making me feel like crap

dextroamphetamines rock and what follows is some of the best advice you will ever get.

My advice is to tell the doctor it helps a little but your dosage is too low. Tell him you keep running out and the most amazing thing is, it helps you sleep better (this is common with people with ADHD that take stimulants). Tell him you take it right before bedtime and you sleep like a baby.

Then you should regulate the dosage yourself and take only what you need while stockpiling the rest.

The whole doctor/pharmacy thing is a huge scam and your only defense to get the medicine you need is to act like I suggest.

The problem is you can't get any refills and going back to your doctor every 30 days to get scammed out of a 1 hour session so you can get a refill and he can get paid will get real old real quick.

Get him to write as much stuff as he will (had my doc writing 3 15 Dexidrine XRs a day and 30 MG of the non XR tablets).

Stockpile, stockpile, stockpile because sooner or later you will snap to how you are being used and abused by the great machine but you will be [censored] because you can't keep getting your medicine without paying the toll charge.

Don't be bashful about getting him to really ramp up the dosage. You will thank me later and do not worry, no matter how much you bitch and complain about this drug, I predict you try to stay on it for the rest of your life. Whether it is the amazing sex and orgasms, or the intense concentration and outcome oriented direction your life takes -- you will always want to be on this drug even in small doses.

You can update this thread as your life progresses but no way you quit these dextroamphetamines. I can tell you like it too much already. You will thank me later for this advice. Good luck.