View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Blog Entry: A day in the life of a Pizza Guy

A blind guy I delivered to one night at an assisted living facility had a seizure when he was paying me. He dropped the $20, started flailing his arms around. I thought he was looking for the dropped $20, so I asked him if he wanted me to get it for him. He didn't respond, so I figured he was just one of those uppity types that wants to be as independent as possible. About 20-30 seconds passed while he was flailing his arms in the air.

I thought it was weird that he was looking for a fallen bill in mid-air, but didn't know what else to think. Finally, he comes to and explains to me that he just had a seizure and that if I could explain to him what sort of movements he was making, he would appreciate it since he needs to be able to describe his seizures to his doctor. I was fairly disturbed at what I had just seen, so I quickly described what I saw, thanked him for my 53 cent tip and got the hell out of there.

I have seen naked people, unbelievably dirty people, wasted people, but that is easily the strangest delivery I ever went on.