View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Re: ROCK THE BELLS 7/29 - TR

Rage was completely insane. Zach is by far the most electrifying frontman for any band. He was crouching down resting during slower instrumentals and intros and then would literally explode with energy going absolutely [censored] nuts, it was insane to see. The venue was AWFUL, especially with the rain. The whole area was flooded with mud and sewage, it was completely [censored] disgusting. I got there for Black Star, who absolutely killed it. Rakim was a disappointment. PE was amazing. Cypress Hill was cool, but have seen them before and they were not as good as last time. Wu was solid but underwhelming IMO, was a good show but could have been great. Pretty pissed I missed MF Doom, Atmosphere and Sage Francis on the smaller stage, but w/e.

As I said, Rage was amazing. Particularly insane were Testify, Guerilla Radio, and Killing in the Name. Tom is such a completely insane guitarist. I never knew their bass player was as good as he was too, since he is pretty overwhelmed by Tom/Zach's famousness. But there was a pretty incredible bass solo which blew my mind.

Also, the 5 blunts w/ opium helped. Holy [censored] there was a lot of blunts in the crowd.